About Me

My photo
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
"Jack of all (sports), Master of none!"

29 January 2008

Car update...

rode to work this morning...16.23k, 41.22...

my car will be going in to be fixed Thursday week (apparently this time of year is quite busy)...it's driveable but the passenger door doesn't open, the bumper bar is split, the bonnet protector and left headlight protector were smashed, the bonnet doesn't sit right (although it opens easily enough) and the front number plate will need to be replaced as it was left hanging by 1 screw...I don't plan on driving it again until I take it to be repaired...luckily for me, mum & dad have lent me a car for the odd day I need to drive (& I get to swap for the "big" car with cruise control for any Sydney trips!)...

the other driver's insurance company rang this morning and the other driver also rang to check everything was ok, she still sounded a bit shaken up by it all (her car had to be towed)...it could have been a lot worse...

on the running front, I'm planning on doing a tempo run at lunchtime (~8k) but won't be doing the first Summer Series race at Stromlo Forest Park tonight...

No comments: