About Me

My photo
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
"Jack of all (sports), Master of none!"

10 January 2008

10k PB...

on the track anyway!

cricket was good - India batted first, declaring 9/325 off 84 overs...Jaffer made 92 while Dravid made 62...sadly no Tendulkar, Ganguly or Kumble playing...the Turbantor made a duck...the ACT Invitational XI are 0/10 off 4 overs...

finished up at the cricket around 6:15pm...got to the track about 6:45pm...

the 10000m started at 8:06pm and it was about 31 degrees/27% humidity!

I started well but faded steadily, really only picking up for the last lap to finish in 49:49...I'm pleased to run sub-50:00 as I haven't run a hard 10k in quite some time...I won't say I finished last (18th) as there were several withdrawals during the race...FlashDuck counted my laps while Aki finished 3rd woman overall/2nd interclub woman....

1 comment:

Ewen said...

Hey, where are your splits? What was your second-last km?! By the way, that was my slowest - 4.44. It was a bit hot!

Congrats on the PB - track PBs are the important ones :)