About Me

My photo
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
"Jack of all (sports), Master of none!"

13 December 2007

3 PBs...

the night started with the 3000m...this started 10mins behind schedule...

I ran with a piece of paper in my hand so I could try and run a more consistent race...I was aiming for sub 13:30 and had the splits for 13:00...was only a couple of seconds off through 3.5 laps....died a little in the middle before finding my usual finish....13:11 (13:10.45; a PB of 22 seconds!!)....woo hoo...Amanda and Rochelle both went sub 13:00...

next was the 1500m....again this was (thankfully) behind schedule, starting at about 7:15pm for the second heat...aiming for sub 6:10 and again I had a piece of paper in my hand (this time with splits for 6:00, a bit ambitious)...struggled right through this for 6:12 (a PB of 1 second!)...had nothing left in the tank...Emma and Katie ran in the first heat with Katie "last" in about 5:35!!

last was the 8 Lap Spiral...fortunately my new handicap was Group 39 (10:50) so I was able to have quite a nice break before starting (8:13pm)....started with Neil but he left me behind easily enough...speedygeoff took a couple of laps to catch me despite starting only 15 seconds behind (LOL)...

no paper splits for this one, just ran on feel...big sprint finish (again!) saw me 20th in a nett time of 15:38.34 (another PB of about 29 seconds this time)...not quite the sub 15:30 I was aiming for but that one may have been a bit too ambitious given the other events!

FWIW, it was 12 months ago to this week that I was visiting the doctor and having an MRI on my pesky heel...

1 comment:

Ewen said...

I wonder how this fits in with Geoff's recovery days after *a* race plan ;)

You did well. Before the season's out you'll have a 12-something 3000 and a 5-something 1500 for PBs. Oh to be last in 5:35!