About Me

My photo
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
"Jack of all (sports), Master of none!"

24 August 2007

So slow...

Customs #90

slowest of the 4 since my return...went as hard as I could but had nothing to give...a little bit warmer today but no breeze...a reasonable turn out as well...

the stats:
start temp/humidity: 13.8/56%
start time: 12:29pm
total distance: 4.99
total time: 25:15
avg pace: 5:04
total calories: 374
avg/max HR*: 165/178

*Time spent in HR Zones:
00:00 [Z1: 93-111]
00:23 [Z2: 111-130]
00:28 [Z3: 130-148]
09:57 [Z4: 148-167]
16:01 [Z5: 167-185]

1k splits: 4:59, 5:02, 5:08, 5:06, 5:01

at least my splits were reasonably consistent...no ill effects from last night's session although my heel/ankle region was a little achey, probably from running hard on the uneven grass (I only normally do my training on harder and more even surfaces)...no more running until Sunday AM when I do the ACTVAC Half as my long training run...

at the end of Customs we got to wish Rad, who turns 80 (!!) next week, an early Happy Birthday and good luck for his travels which commence on Monday - he's off to the World Age Group Triathlon Champs in Hamburg, Germany (30 August) and then the World Master Athletics in Riccione & Misano Adriatico, Italy (4-15 September)...he returns in time for the ACT & Australia Duathlon Champs here in Canberra on 23 September!...the man is amazing...

tonight mum, dad, Tim, Tim's GF Sheona and I are going out to dinner to celebrate opening day for pod espresso...

tomorrow is golf - I hope I play better than last week (which shouldn't be too hard!) after that I have to go to Manuka Oval to help change the set up from AFL to Rugby as part of ACT Cricket's obligations being a co-tenant at Manuka...

Sunday is the Half and then squad training...but the best part is no driving to Sydney!!

as a side note, one of my fellow club cricketers, Nicky, is participating in the Oxfam Sydney Trailwalker as one of Team Octoboot...I'm following their progress online...this is the first time she's undertaken something like this...pretty impressive effort I say...

1 comment:

Ewen said...

Glad you survived the relays. Nice even splits for Customs! I might join the 2hr+ bus on Sunday if the weather's good.