About Me

My photo
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
"Jack of all (sports), Master of none!"

18 June 2007

Water session & a plan...

felt weird not having The Taskmaster in attendance keeping an eye on my form...I hope it gets well soon!

started with 1 x 100m + 2 x 50m freestyle + 2 x 50m kick

deep water running component = about 30mins

finished with 2 x 50 with pull buoy

I'm now starting to plan my training sessions...it just so happens there's 14 weeks until the Sydney Running Festival Half Marathon (23 September)*...

I'm going to go back to basics and use the Beginner & Intermediate Program from their site which were put together by Pat Carroll...my previous half marathon training has been based around these programs starting with the "beginner" level before progressing through to the "advanced" level with good results for me...

* at this stage I haven't entered the half but will be making a decision on that prior to 31 August as that is the cut-off for early bird entries...

so this week I'm looking at doing the following:

Day

Session

Tuesday40min easy run
Wednesdaydeep water running/swimming session?
Thursday40min easy run
Fridaycardio (last day of Fitness First starter membership)
Saturdaygolf
Sunday50min easy run

all based on the proviso that my heel continues to improve as it has...I'll be able to tweak the planning as I go...the focus for the first two weeks will be an easy running and then we'll see if I can add faster sessions...

No comments: