About Me

My photo
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
"Jack of all (sports), Master of none!"

06 June 2007

Another step...

physio...

started with massage, some mobilisation then stretching (straight then bent leg on wedge)...then:
  • jogging on the mini-tramp - 15 steps then stop on right leg (I think 15-20 times, I lost count!)
  • balancing on right leg on mini-tramp, tossing ball from hand to hand for 20 catches each hand at (a) waist height, (b) chest height then (c) above head (3-4 times through each height; pausing after each height)
  • seated heel raises (weight above knee, foot on wedge; right side only) 4 x15
  • balance on disc - 3 x 20sec
finished with ice...

I now have the OK to run on a treadmill x 2 sessions (1st: 10mins @ 8kph, rest, 5mins @ 8kph; 2nd: 10mins @ 10kph, rest, 5mins @ 10kph) with 2 days rest in between...if I pull up OK the mornings after then I can move to grass...working from running every 3rd day, to every 2nd then to 6 out of 7 days over the next 4 weeks...

booked in for 1 more physio session (Friday 15 June) but can cancel if I don't think I need it...

another step in the right direction!

No comments: