About Me

My photo
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
"Jack of all (sports), Master of none!"

10 May 2007

Ironic...

that's what my physio Anne said when I rocked up for yesterday's session and explained about my left calf...I ended up getting two body parts treated for the price of one!

warmed up on the bike for 8mins...then did some little "bounce" stretches of the right achilles (in the bent leg position for stretching the soleus/achilles)...then tested the stretch in that achilles (up to 12cm already!)...

next she massaged my left calf quite firmly (i.e. it hurt!) before moving onto some mobilisation of the subtalar/talocalcaneal joint to improve ankle/foot flexibility for both feet...

did some 4 x 1min holds in both the straight leg and then bent leg position for the left calf with my big toe on a book before I did some eversion exercises with a theraband for my right ankle (3 x 20)...

finished with 20mins of inferential treatment & ice on my left calf while I had heat on the right achilles region...

next appointment is Monday...have to keep up the stretches but avoid doing heel drops until my left calf is better...

did my usual elliptical session after work, again watching the Channel 9 news...

Cross Trainer Stats:
time: 35:00
total strides: 3712
calories: 1160

Garmin HR stats*:
avg HR: 139
max HR: 154

*Time spent in HR Zones:
00:21 [Z1: 93-111]
04:50 [Z2: 111-130]
26:26 [Z3: 130-148]
02:58 [Z4: 148-167]
00:00 [Z5: 167-185]

pushed a little harder in this session (it doesn't bother my calf) evidenced by hitting Z4 HR levels...

No comments: