About Me

My photo
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
"Jack of all (sports), Master of none!"

12 March 2018

Another catch up...

oops, another catch up post...

Friday I found a cache on the way to pick up the FkF results/money...

after work I walked back to my car then did the grocery shopping while Tammie was bringing squiggle back from Gundagai for the weekend...

Saturday I was funnel manager for parkrun which was also Dave's 250th parkrun...was a late finish as I helped sort the finish tokens after...

not much to say about my grand final other than we picked the worst time to have our worst batting performance...

my pre-game warm up involved strapping a knee (planned) and putting a dislocated finger back in for our star opening bat (not planned!)...

the Bunyips won the toss and put us in and we were all out in the 41st over for 100..

our score could have been much worse as we were 6/39 at one stage before our 7th wicket combined for 57 to take us to 96 before the rest of our innings crumbled...

I should have been out third ball for a duck caught at third slip off Evan Kellar (ex-Comet)...I lasted another 2 or so overs before I was caught behind for 3 off their first change bowler at the other end...meanwhile Evan finished with 9-4-2-12...

we tried hard in the field but each over early had at least one poor ball which was put away...in the end they got the runs in the 26th over with 6 wickets to spare...I finished with 5-1-1-17...

we then went and watch the end of the 3s grand final where we we taking on Canberra City...3s had also been sent in and were 8/46 at one stage before they rallied to be all out for 112 in the 42nd over...

Canberra City got the runs 8 down in the 40th over...

yesterday I had an easy day before heading out for a paddle around the Carillon in the afternoon, finding a cache on one of the little islands...

this morning I walked the boys as usually before heading to my first game of golf in just over 5 weeks...I was 5 over my handicap after 9 but had a better back 9 to finish 6 over my handicap with 30 points (1 3-putt & 3 x bunkers)...

now I'm watching the first ODI in the series between India and the Southern Stars...India were all out for 200 on the last ball when they should have been hard pressed to make 150...

No comments: