About Me

My photo
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
"Jack of all (sports), Master of none!"

13 October 2015

Animal mayhem...

I had some animal adventures on my ride home last night...

first off I nearly ran over a little dog (off-lead) who was out with the family for a walk on the bike path parallel to Hindmarsh Drive when it decided to scoot around the group on the right...lucky I had slowed down in anticipation...

next, I saw a dog off-lead near Waldock St crossing and again slowed, this time to a halt as the owners were trying to get her off the road...she came and jumped up on me before they could grab her...apparently they were trying to work on her training with distractions...quite possibly not the best place to do it!

then, I was just picking up speed on a nice downhill on the path parallel to the Parkway when a cockatoo, which had been eating on the left side of the path, decided to fly right across me about chest height, I had to brake reasonably firmly to avoid contact....two minutes later a galah did the same thing!

all this while battling the wind!

the stats:
start temp/humidity: 22.5/31% (apparent temp same)
start time: 6:00pm
total distance: 17.66
total time: 47:38 (including 1:20 stopped time)
avg speed: 22.2kph
total calories: 287
avg HR: 113

it was a bit cloudy for this morning's walk...Hodge was a good boy for a change, even when accosted by a playful boxer just as we were heading out...had a lovely tailwind for my ride in, cool but humid...

the stats:
start temp/humidity: 11.7/72% (apparent temp same)
start time: 8:03am
total distance: 16.59
total time: 36:43 (including 0:17 stopped time)
avg speed: 27.1kph
total calories: 280
avg HR: 123

was humid for my run as well...

the stats:
start temp/humidity: 19.0/52% (apparent temp same)
start time: 1:20pm
total distance: 7.67
total time: 40:00
avg pace: 5:13
total calories: 505
avg HR: 136
recovery HR: 102/43

No comments: