About Me

My photo
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
"Jack of all (sports), Master of none!"

22 February 2015

FkF #304...

Thursday

made an appointment for Hodge to see the vet Friday morning as he had quite a red left eye...as a consequence we skipped dog school just in case it was something contagious...

Friday, a late start to work with the vet appointment...the good news is that it's nothing apparently serious (no scratches and not conjunctivitis)...so it's Amacin twice a day in his eye for a week and he can associate with other dogs...if it doesn't improve over the week or gets worse then back we go...

I power hobbled FkF...interesting to see that, as with my running, my first k was my fastest!

the stats:
start temp/humidity: 26.1/49% (apparent temp 26.5)
start time: 12:13pm
total distance: 5.03
total time: 46:47
avg pace: 9:18
total calories: 277
avg HR: 277 recovery HR: na

splits: 9:05, 9:16, 9:23, 9:17, 9:32, 0:13

after work I changed the dressing on my knee...

it looks much improved since last Saturday with the stitch holes gone...I put two steri strips back on (just left of the middle) and covered with opsite with mum to check it after golf on Saturday...

Saturday...took both Hodge and Hunter on the long loop...Hodge's eye already looks much improved...

golf was ordinary again with 26pts for me...

mum gave the wound a good going over and pronounced that I could leave the opsite off and just using one steri strip on the slowest healing part...woo hoo...now I can focus on slowly improving my bend...

this morning I walked Hodge on the long loop and my walking was much improved...down hill/down stairs are still the two most difficult movements for my knee...

Jodie dropped my car back in and I managed to reverse out of the driveway then back into its parking spot so I should be right to take Hodge to dog school on Thursday...yay!

No comments: