About Me

My photo
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
"Jack of all (sports), Master of none!"

17 December 2009

Christmas meet...

ended up doing three events tonight...the temperature started at 36 for the 1k Turkey and was still around 30 for the last event for me, the 2k Twosome...

the 1k Turkey was run in hot and windy conditions...I guesstimated 3:52 for my time - there was no point pacing for a slower time as I can't pace so better to just go hard!...I was quite dry in the mouth by the back straight on the first lap...finished 5th (3:49:51) in between Amanda & Katie who I'm sure put down much slower times!...this is a PB!

watched the "running" of the 100m walking relay held in the back straight before the running of the President's Gift...

I was in the second heat off 5.5m with Amanda starting just ahead of me (7m?) and Rachelle just behind (2.5m)...finished 4th in 14.66, just pipping the jingling Rachelle (14.72) and Amanda (15.41)...only the top 3 from each heat went through...we were well back from the front three in our heat...

the 2k Twosome was held before the finals of the Gift...I teamed up with Sue Archer...the Pennington handicaps for the 1500m were used...Sue went off first on 23secs while I started on 1:15...we finished 5th in 10:02:01...Sue ran well, jogging back and ran the last 100m with me...8:47.03 for me (4:22/4:25)...a little slow!

the Gift finals were tight affairs with Sue Bourke finally claiming a win, just beating Margaret Taylor in a photo while Michael Roden stormed home to take victory...

stuck around for the supper before heading home with a bag of Janene's cookies!

on a sad note, Suze's nan passed away today in Adelaide...she'd been ill for a little while but it was still sudden...Suze & Jodie were heading to Adelaide on Christmas Day but I think these plans will be brought forward, perhaps to this weekend as I think the funeral will be Wednesday...very sad indeed...

2 comments:

speedygeoff said...

I have photographs of your Thursday night's running - I will make sure I get them to you one way (posting) or another( sending).

Two Fruits said...

Wednesday, you hopped on a bus all sweaty and in running gear ? I suppose it's all part of the job of being a bus driver. Can you change at the Mint for the correct fare ? Have a good Christmas & break from work.