About Me

My photo
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
"Jack of all (sports), Master of none!"

19 June 2018

Flat...

walked the boys as usual yesterday then the excitement began...

I pumped my tyres up before getting ready for work...when I was ready to go, the front tyre was flat..

my tyres are ridonkulously tight and took about 55mins to remove the tyre, change the tube and get the tyre back on...then I had to wait until the garbage truck got out of the way before I could get going...

I was actually having a good ride in albeit a lot later than normal when I noticed the front tyre was going flat again...bugger!

I stopped not far from the Cotter Rd on-ramp and repaired the tube (no more spares)...this time I was considerably quicker (about 30mins) although my forearms were sore from the effort!

needless to say I was quite late to work!

the stats:
start temp/humidity: 9.1/66% (apparent temp 8.2)
start time: 9:24am
total distance: 16.59
total time: 68:32 (including 29:55 stopped time)
avg speed: 14.5kph
total calories: 465
avg HR: 116

Monday's run is moving to Tuesday so I'm only running two consecutive days which was just as well...

my ride home was slow due to a combination of a headwind and the front tyre not pumped up to my preferred pressure...this was rectified once I was home and had my foot pump...

the stats:
start temp/humidity: 8.3/70% (apparent temp 5.8)
start time: 5:51pm
total distance: 17.61
total time: 49:37 (including 0:16 stopped time)
avg speed: 21.3kph
total calories: 182?
avg HR: 88?

up on time again this morning to walk the boys...my tyre had stayed up!

had a nice tailwind for most of the ride in...

the stats:
start temp/humidity: 7.3/67% (apparent temp 5.2)
start time: 8:10am
total distance: 16.58
total time: 37:58 (including 00:36 stopped time)
avg speed: 26.2kph
total calories: 502?
avg HR: 153?

No comments: