About Me

My photo
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
"Jack of all (sports), Master of none!"

25 March 2018

parkrun #128...

yesterday I decided on the spur of the moment to do Coombs parkrun and take Hodge with me...I let him set the pace and he spent most of the time running in my footsteps!

start temp/humidity: 12.2/97% (apparent temp same)
start time: 8:02am
total distance: 5.04
total time: 30:20
avg pace: 6:01
total calories: 396
avg HR: 151
TE: 3.7
Recovery HR: 127/38
BPK: 816

splits: 6:08, 5:39, 5:53, 6:13, 6:16, 0:12

85th out of 161...53.96%...23rd female out of 161 (4 unknowns ahead of me)...3rd W45-49 out of 10...and likely 1st parkrun puppy!

not a course I would ever race hard on but will be good to come back with Hodge...I'll run the Mt Ainslie one with him as well when that starts later this year...

golf was monthly medal (stroke)...given I haven't played much golf lately I was surprised to start with 41 on the front (only 4 over par) which was 3 better than my handicap...this included one 3-putt

my back 9 wasn't quite as good - 45 (9 over par), 3 worse than my handicap...this included THREE 3-putts and one penalty stroke...

still it was exactly to my handicap - 86, nett 73 (with 35 putts)...it was enough to finish 2nd by one...

afterwards we called in to see a rescue cat, Merlin, who will be taking for a two week trial from today to see if he will fit in with Sherlock and Sam...Merlin is black with white and is about 1yr old...

we detoured via the AIS and Mulligans Flat for me to do some cache maintenance for Suze...

today is 4 years since Hodge joined us as a 4 month old...

Tammie has gone to pick up Merlin...he is quite timid so it will take awhile before he settles in...

this afternoon I'm doing the first of three Pedal Power bike maintenance courses...

1 comment:

Ewen said...

Later in April for Mt Ainslie. Should be a good one.