About Me

My photo
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
"Jack of all (sports), Master of none!"

25 December 2007

Christmas 2007...

Merry Christmas to one and all...

haven't blogged since Friday (slacker!) so this is a bit of a catch up...

no running Saturday & no golf either after I woke up and saw the weather...instead went bike shopping (for Jodie) with Jodie & Suze...somehow ended up ordering one as well!...

we are both getting a Giant Alias...mine being one size bigger than Jodie's....figured if I was going to get myself an early Christmas present I'd make the most of it so ended up getting (a) semi-slick tyres so I can off-road & commute without having to switch and (b) Shimano clipless pedals with the "test" pedal so I can do quick rides without having to put my cycling shoes on...

Suze and I then did a few caches (including one where we disturbed a large 'roo hiding in the long grass as well as a fox) while Jodie did some family things...

had dinner at Tim & Sheona's place - my aunt & uncle (mum's brother) were visiting from Tassie - mum, dad, Suze & Jodie were there as well...an excellent night...

no running Sunday...picked up our bikes - I ended up getting new shoes & a wireless bike computer as well...

later in the afternoon tested out the bikes in Goorooyaroo and collected a couple of caches as well...saw heaps of 'roos and got up close to an echidna!

no running Monday (do you sense a theme??)...last day at work for me although got an early mark at lunchtime...did some last minute shopping in the afternoon...

that night saw "National Treasure: Book of Secrets" to continue our tradition of movies on Christmas Eve...

today...had a late brunch here with mum, dad, aunt, uncle and Jodie's mum all here...

then finally went for a run!!

the stats:
start temp/humidity: 21.6/49%
start time: 3:26pm
total distance: 10.00
total time: 55:17
avg pace: 5:32
total calories: 749
avg/max HR*: 152/218

*Time spent in HR Zones:
00:07 [Z1: 93-111]
00:01 [Z2: 111-130]
19:12 [Z3: 130-148]
31:40 [Z4: 148-167]
02:10 [Z5: 167-185]

1k splits: 5:38, 5:20, 5:24, 5:33, 5:34, 5:40, 5:39, 5:30, 5:26, 5:28

bit windy and cool but not...hard to explain...not a fluent run for this one either...

will be heading over to mum & dad's for dinner - a light one I hope after this morning's effort!!

No comments: