About Me

My photo
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
"Jack of all (sports), Master of none!"

20 March 2007

One week to go...

the long weekend saw me play three rounds of golf, each progressively worse than the last!

Saturday

did the online scoring for the South Africa/Netherlands match...it was due to start at 12:30am AEST but due to overnight rain didn't start until 3:00am...I still had to pay attention to supply updates about umpires' inspections etc...reduced to 40 overs in the end and finished about 8:40am...

golf at Belconnen, nett 82 (95 off the stick)...had a massage...chatted to my brother about his coffee cart business which he will hopefully get up & running in the next couple of months - all you coffee addicts out there will have to give him a try!...I'll supply more details as they come to hand (I'm just waiting for him to register his business name before I publicly release it!)...

didn't go out to dinner with the girls as I was tired but I eventually went to sleep at about 10:30pm so 39 hours after getting up Friday morning!

Sunday

First round of the Ladies Open at Yowani, nett 85 (98 off the stick)...flashes of brilliance but spent too much time in trouble...had fun though...

met up with Jodie, Suze & Hux at Belconnen golf club to do some caching down the end of Stockdill Drive - "Murrumbidgee Retreat", "AFore!mentioned Cache" and the first way point for "Murrumbidgee Mouth"...met another cacher called Eynowd who knew Hux's names from our log reports...

went to the movies to see "Wild Hogs"...some very funny scenes in that one...

Monday

at Yowani, nett 95 (108 off the stick)....oops, but mitigating circumstances here as it rained throughout...might also have had something to do with having an 11 on the par 4 17th!!...funnily enough though I still won a ball as about 17 people pulled out (after starting their rounds) due to the weather...

went shopping out a Fyshwick to get a storage box for the end of my bed...visited Fantastic Furniture and then Furniture Direct where I got one that fits into my room really well (size & colour-wise)...

made our own pizzas for dinner before finishing up the night playing billiards...

The rest of the week

tonight I have my next rostered game of the World Cup - South Africa/Scotland...then my next rostered game is Thursday night/Friday morning - Scotland/Netherlands...I'll need to make sure I get plenty of sleep!...

probably go for a run of some sort at lunchtime today & tomorrow...

not sure if we are doing the last round of Twilight Orienteering at Mt Taylor tomorrow night...


Thursday - get to catch up on my pilates seeing as yesterday's session wasn't held due to the public holiday...then there's the Vet's meet: I plan on doing the following events - 3000m, shot put, javelin & 8-Lap Spiral...

Friday: Customs

Saturday: golf + massage

Sunday: assisting at the Brindabella Shield round to be held at my club...I think I'm going to be acting in some official capacity...

No comments: