About Me

My photo
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
"Jack of all (sports), Master of none!"

05 March 2007

It's not football...

Friday

let's see, didn't end up running Customs Friday...helped Suze collect some caching containers from the Jerrabomberra Wetlands where she had conducted a professional fun, sorry development, day for fellow teachers to show the how to use GPSrs...

did a cache ("Fore!tress") then later on went to the movies to see "Notes on a Scandal"...

Saturday

wow, another really good round of golf, this time i managed to win and also break my handicap to lose another shot so now I'm back to 13 and almost to my lowest exact handicap (currently 12.9, lowest ever was 12.8)...

over to mum & dad's for a full leg massage (bliss) then it was off to see the Brumbies lose, with mum & dad taking the place of Jodie & Suze...

Sunday

up early to head to Killara...had to stop on the way up to have a power nap I was so tired...we lost by 69 runs but I managed to finally score some runs against Bankstown (44) after two "efforts" of 5 in earlier matches this season...

managed to scare everyone by top edging a hook shot into my forehead...apparently it made a really good noise (I told everyone it was because my head is hollow!)...no damage done except slight bruising, didn't even break the skin so no cool scar to brag about...not even a headache later...they have it on film so it will be making on appearance on the big screen at our presentation...be interesting to see if it happened the way I think it did!

surprisingly it didn't hurt...seriously no pain at all and I was able to continue on...I didn't even suffer a headache later so figure that one out!

we had a post-match BBQ as it was our last home game of the season...still managed to arrive home by 10pm...

Today

pilates at lunch time was a real test as I was a bit stiff from throwing myself around behind the stumps yesterday...

[re today's title: a cricket ball is not a football so I shouldn't try & head it!]

No comments: