About Me

My photo
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
"Jack of all (sports), Master of none!"

11 January 2007

Cricket & the doctor...

Wednesday 10 Jan

did a cache before heading to the cricket - "Pining Fore! Me" - a very sneaky hide...

Day 3 of online scoring at the cricket - QAS got first innings points after dismissing ACT for 368...they are batting again and are 2/89 overnight...

did a cache at the lunch break - "Fore! Runs" - yes, believe it not located within the the ground...Suze (aka Fore!) had sneakily placed it on Monday without me noticing when she bought Hux to the cricket...

Thursday 11 Jan

D-day as in "D for doctor"...he was pretty positive about it all...i think the procedure is called "retrocalcaneal decompression" & i will be having the surgery on Tuesday 27 March (I got to pick when) which means I can finish the cricket season...it will only take 30-45mins but will require an overnight stay...recovery will probably require 4-5 months before I'm back up to speed so that means no trip to Gold Coast for the half (I'd already booked a cheap flight there)...I'm hoping I'll be OK to run in the City to Surf for the 5th consecutive time...

he's also happy with me to get back into running in the meantime...i do however need to up the amount of achilles/calf stretching I do as well...

the cricket ended at 5pm (an hour early) with QAS 9/393 in their second dig...

on the way home I found another cache - "Fore!ming Paw Behaviouor" - which overlooks, funnily enough, the Belconnen Dog Obedience Club...as you can tell, Suze has been busy placing new caches this past week...

tomorrow i hope to do Customs as well as play in the Chicken Run at the golf club...and maybe some more caching!

2 comments:

TA and the Gnome said...

That sounds like a good result from the Dr. where you can still maintain a life! Hope golf goes well this week.

Friar said...

Now you know where you stand, you can plan around it.